Happiness is the first thing that happens to you when you get detected with pregnancy. This is enough to mess with your daily habits of being healthy. We admit that being pregnant, especially for the first time, is immensely exhilarating and conceiving is the best thing that can happen to a woman in her life.
It can be so amusing that sometimes you might just end up in the breach of routine. However, it should always be kept in mind that your happiness should never be grumpy about your child’s health. The better you maintain your health, the healthier baby you give birth to. Pregnancy will change your entire life. Its indeed the time to love you more and take care than usual. It is the time to grasp the habit of maternity wears, regulate food and drinking habits, make doctor your friend and think positive about life. Here are some easy steps to tackle motherhood better.
1. A woman should focus on eating frequent meals. The meals should be beneficial and should supply a different source of nutrition every time; however, the meals should be always light and easy to digest.
2. Increase the intake of fluids. Drinking 2-3 liters of water every day is advisable however it varies from person to person and depends on your doctor’s advice.
3. Consumption of caffeine, as well as any sort of soft drinks (aerated / artificially colored), should be avoided. Feeding on any kind of junk or greasy food should be avoided at all costs.
4. Taking alcohol or exposing yourself to any form of smoking, either active or passive is highly injurious to the health of both the baby and mother.
5. Sleep is one more prerequisite of pregnancy. A minimum of seven to nine hours of sleep is advised. In case you are insomniac, you can get into the habit mild sleeping pills after doctor consultation.
6. Giving birth is a good stress to deal with. Yoga or some freehand exercise could be of real help. Walking or light jogging could also be effective in such scenarios. However, do not over stress yourself and before you involve in any sort of physical movement always consult your doctor or seek an experts help. Yoga is a mood maker.
7. Try to be in the most comfortable wear that you have in your closet. No tight fits or body-hugging clothes. There is a wide availability of pregnancy clothes in the market nowadays, try to opt for them. The best pregnancy wear is that which gives you the ease of movement. For shoes, go for the relaxing ones that have soft soles. Please avoid high heels. It is common to get swelling feet and ankles during pregnancy so give them the easiest surface to rest on. While seating or lying try to keep your feet at a level higher than what you sit on. That would be relieving.
8. While riding please choose for private or personal vehicles over a public mode of transport. Exercise the best of caution by sitting at the back. Always facilitate the optimum supply of air. Carry all your essentials and also the doctor’s number whenever you are traveling alone.
9. Do not take any medicine randomly without consulting the doctor. Also, do not miss on your dose of daily medication especially the vitamins. Do not tend to get into excessive medication either, that might affect the health of the baby.
10. Get into reading some good books or watching movies of your choice. Beat the best of your mood and do what you enjoy. Remember the happier and content you are, the heal their your baby will be.