Predict Your Baby’s Sex with Old Wives Tales
Old wives tales on predicting the sex of your unborn child have been around for generations. The list of tales grows longer when you consider the 50/50 probabilities given by modern technology.
People who use these tales as a barometer for the baby’s sex will start to gather a lot of free baby cribs, free baby furniture, free baby clothes, free baby samples and free baby stuff like diapers and bibs, and even free baby stuff by mail in the desired colors for the baby. Throughout your pregnancy, you will hear dozens of old wives tales. These are just a few of the easiest and most common tales that you might enjoy.
You might even want to keep a list of your reactions to see how accurate they were during your pregnancy. The first tale involves modern technology. If the baby’s heart rate is under 140 bpm (beats per minute) than it is a boy; if the heart rate is over 140 bpm then it is a girl. The next tale is about discomfort. If a pregnant woman suffers from heartburn during the entire nine months, the baby will be born with a full head of hair. Another tale is that a full moon will cause a woman to go into labor and give birth. A most simple and popular tale is the ring test. Put your wedding band on a string and hold it over your stomach. If the ring swings back and forth than it is a girl. If it swings in a circle, then it is a boy.
There are many tales that involve food, such as:
(1) If a pregnant woman eats from the ends of a bread loaf it is a boy and if she eats from the middle of the loaf than it is a girl;
(2) If she is craving sweets, fruit or fruit juices than it is a girl and if she is craving salty foods than it is a boy; and
(3) If she eats garlic cloves and no one can smell it than it is a girl and if she eats garlic cloves and everyone can smell it than it is a boy.
Another tale talks about physical abilities. If a pregnant woman is clumsy during the pregnancy than it is a boy and if she is graceful during the pregnancy than it is a girl.
Several tales are about facial features.
(1) If a pregnant woman’s face gets rounder or fuller than it is a girl and if her face is long and narrow than it is a boy.
(2) If a pregnant woman’s nose appears to be bigger or wider than it is a boy.
Some old wives tales only relate to specific sexes.
(1) When a pregnant woman is craving meats and cheeses plan on a boy.
(2) If a pregnant woman’s feet are colder during pregnancy than it is a boy.
(3) If a pregnant woman’s hands are always dry than it is a boy.
(4) If a pregnant woman’s leg hairs are growing faster than usual than it is a boy.
(5) If a pregnant woman places a wooden spoon and a pair of scissors under her bed and a pink ribbon or bow under her pillow she will have a girl.
(6) If a pregnant woman has a problem with acne during pregnancy than it is a girl; believed to be a result of having extra hormones.
Old wives tales are a joy to learn and fun to try. When you think you know the sex of your child, you can take advantage of all the free baby cribs, free baby furniture, free baby samples and free baby stuff by mail that is gender specific